Happy Monday Wilder family!
We have a few updates for you from Dr. Champ.
Happy Monday! I hope you all are doing well, practicing social distancing and following the CDCs (Center for Disease Control) guidelines. Last week scholars were engaged in their first week of distance learning and they have been providing us with valuable feedback via e-mail and questionnaires. Please encourage your children to reach out to their teachers for questions, assistance, and support as we are available during the school day. They can e-mail any staff member directly or through Schoology. Below is a recap of the communications made by HCPS this week:
As you know, the closure of Henrico County Public Schools and offices will be extended for an additional two weeks (through Spring Break). For your planning purposes, this means that the earliest possible date that schools and offices reopen will be Tuesday, April 14. (Monday, April 13 was already a staff and student holiday.)
As for the rest of this week:
HCPS added seven additional food distribution sites and will add an eighth on Monday, bringing to 14 the number of sites where students can pick up free “grab and go” breakfasts and lunches during the school division’s closure for coronavirus. Food distribution is open to all students, regardless of what school they attend, as well as others 18 and under. Please note that adults must be accompanied by each child who needs a meal.
Pick-up hours are scheduled for 11 a.m. to noon.
Original meal distribution sites (M-F, 11 a.m.-noon):
• Fairfield Middle School, 5121 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, Va. 23223
• Glen Lea Elementary School, 3909 Austin Ave., Henrico, Va. 23222
• Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road, Henrico, Va. 23228
• Highland Springs Elementary School, 600 Pleasant Street, Highland Springs, Va. 23075
• Quioccasin Middle School, 9400 Quioccasin Road, Henrico, Va. 23238
• Henrico Volunteer Rescue Squad 31, 5301 Huntsman Road, Sandston, Va. 23150
Additional meal sites:
• Campus of Virginia Randolph, 2204 Mountain Road, Glen Allen, Va. 23060
• Henrico High School, 302 Azalea Ave., Henrico, Va. 23227
• Longan Elementary School, 9200 Mapleview Ave., Henrico, Va. 23294
• Montrose Elementary School, 2820 Williamsburg Road, Henrico, Va. 23231
• Ratcliffe Elementary School, 2901 Thalen St., Henrico, Va. 23223
• Ridge Elementary School, 8910 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, Va. 23229
• Sandston Elementary School, 7 Naglee Ave., Sandston, Va. 23150
• Ward Elementary School, 3400 Darbytown Road, Henrico, Va. 23231
Internet access for our students, laptop repair:
During Henrico Schools’ closure for coronavirus, vans are being stationed at four HCPS high schools to act as mobile technology hubs for students and school division staff. The hubs are designed to support virtual learning in two ways: enable up to 400 students and staff members who don’t have home internet access to get it through distribution of Wi-Fi hot-spot devices; and provide a way for HCPS-issued laptops to be repaired and exchanged. The vans are open weekdays from 8:30-10:30 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. at:
• Deep Run High School, 4801 Twin Hickory Road, Glen Allen, Va.
• Douglas Freeman High School, 8701 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, Va.
• Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road, Henrico, Va.
• Highland Springs High School, 15 S. Oak Ave., Highland Springs, Va.
Students have been provided access to instructional activities through virtual and distance learning approaches. Our goal is to ensure that all students have digital and nondigital resources that allow them the option to learn and grow, even outside of school.
Do you have questions about how the COVID-19 coronavirus is affecting Henrico County government operations? Henrico County has set up an information line for citizens at 804-501-5655. The line is staffed by county employees, and operates Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
A similar line has been set up to answer Henrico County employees’ questions at 804-501-5623.
Also, the Richmond and Henrico Health Districts have opened a public hotline at 804-205-3501 for health and medical questions related to COVID-19. The line is staffed every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information, including health recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Virginia Department of Health, go to the Henrico County government’s COVID-19 dashboard.
For all of this information and more, visit us on the web: www.henricoschools.us/covid19
Have a great week!
Dr. Champ, Principal
Friday, March 27th and Saturday, March 28th
The Lion King Performances (6:30pm – 8:00pm) POSTPONED
Monday, March 30th
Student 1/2 Day TBD
Tuesday, March 31st
Wellness Night (5:30pm – 7:00pm) POSTPONED