Clubs & Organizations
Student Activities are extracurricular student-oriented programs that allow young men and women the opportunity to participate in various intellectual, physical, and social pursuits.
- check with Mr. Schneck (Athletic Director) for more information
The Book Club partners with the teen librarian from the HCPL North Park branch to:
- read ARCs
- recommend titles for purchase to HCPL and WMS libraries
- promote literacy around the school
- help update the school collection to be more diverse and inclusive
WHO: Anyone can join!
WHEN: Once a month during lunch (meeting dates are on Schoology)
CONTACT: Ms. Kier
Let's play some chess! Currently there are openings, and permission slips can be picked up from Mrs. Collins in the library. Transportation home is available for students who live in the Wilder zone, otherwise students need their own transportation.
WHEN: Monday and Tuesdays, 4:15pm - 6:15pm
CONTACT: Ms. Kier
The Go Green Club runs Wilder's school-wide recycling program and helps out with the school's garden.
WHEN: Wednesday mornings (7:45am - 8:50am)
CONTACT: Ms. Nill
The Robotics Club builds, programs, and codes robots to meet tournament guidelines.
WHEN: Mondays and Thursdays after school
CONTACT: Mr. Kresge and Mr. Bailey
CONTACT: Ms. Meeks
Capital One is offering a 10-week program to expose students to technology and foster a focus on software engineering. Each week students will work through a lesson that teaches fundamentals of software engineering through hands-on learning and mobile app development.
- Software Engineers from Capital One will provide instruction
- Students are asked to attend lessons each week for the duration of the program
- Students should be engaged and interested in learning about software engineering
- Prior exposure or experience is not required
- Students will be provided hardware (laptop and tablet) to use in software development
- The program culminates with a celebration event at Capital One. Parents and guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend the closing event
WHO: Anyone! Limited spots are still available for the January-March session
WHEN: Every Tuesday after school
CONTACT: Mrs. Hinchcliff and Mr. Muse
YMCA/Y-Achievers Leadership Program
WHO: Anyone (currently enrollment is full)
WHEN: Thursdays 4:15pm - 5:10pm
CONTACT: Jasmine Hiers
Extended day needs about 20 more 6th grade students enrolled. The link to register online is http://bit.ly/WilderEDP (paper applications are also available).
7th and 8th grade students can be registered, but there is a holding period on having them start until more staff is hired. Once a student is registered, someone from Extended Day will call the parent/guardian with additional details including a start date.
CONTACT: Mrs. Collins